Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why Beloved Indeed?

When you brand a name for yourself... its hard. It takes something original. Something someone will remember. And to me... it means you have a story behind it.

My story started my 6th year in college, finally... my senior year. My last project was a "personal packaging system." The assignment was to tell your story through a packaging family; a logo, a brand, and four pieces of packaging that were my choice. Since I was in my first year of marriage, love was the only thing on my mind. Not knowing what to call my packaging I started with researching my family origins... beginning with the meanings of names. First... Caleb and Ashley... then Davis (my maiden name) and Zwar (my married name. Bingo! Davis means, "son of David, Beloved." Zwar means, "indeed (in German)."

From there I created a packaging system that told the story of dancing with my dad in the basement to finding "true love" in highschool to dancing with my groom at our wedding.


When I started branding my own custom stationery business I knew the name would be Beloved Indeed. There wasn't a question in my mind. My brand tells the story of a little girl who dreamed all her life that she would find her prince charming. My brand is inspired by my families. The family who taught me to love and the one who will love me for the rest of my life. To the people who have loved me, encouraged me, and stood by me... this is my brand... Beloved Indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment